Trees need us and we need trees.
Please help us restore Columbus’ urban tree canopy this Earth Day.
The City of Columbus has partnered with Green Columbus for Earth Day 2016: Branch Out, presented by The Green Funds of the Columbus Foundation and the City of Columbus. We have a united goal to plant 20,000 trees with 5,000 volunteers during the week of April 16-23. Earth Day 2016 is part of a larger effort, Branch Out Columbus, whose goal is to plant 300,000 trees in Columbus by the year 2020, raising our tree canopy from 22% to 27%.
We need your help. Please bring your family, friends and shovels to one or more of the tree planting service sites listed below and then relax and have fun at the Earth Day Celebration on April 23rd. Don’t forget to register for a service site by clicking on the links provided below.
Big Walnut Park Tree Planting, Sunday, April 17th from 1:00-4:00 pm
- Located at 5000 E. Livingston Ave. 43227
- 150 volunteers are needed to plant 2,500 trees
Ohio State Fawcett Center, Sunday, April 17th from 9:00am – 11:00 am
- Located at 2400 Olentangy River Rd. 43210
- 150 volunteers needed to plant 2,500 trees
Innis Park South, Friday April 22nd from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Located at 3001 Innis Rd. 43224
- 100 volunteers are needed to plant 1,200 trees
Three Creeks Park, Saturday April 23rd from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Heron Pond area, located at 3400 Williams Rd. 43207
- 200 volunteers are needed to plant 1,500 trees
River Bluff, Saturday April 23rd from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Located at 8350 Olentangy River Rd. 43235
- 200 volunteers are needed to plant 2,040 trees
Earth Day Columbus Celebration! Saturday, April 23rd from 1:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- The culmination of the Earth Day week
- This event takes place at the Columbus Commons, downtown
- Celebration features local bands, food trucks, kids’ activities, environmental groups and businesses